Thank you for your interest in this experiment! Please use the below calendar widget to schedule a time, and continue reading for more information on the experiment.
When coming to your appointment:
- If you have a tendency toward motion sickness, please be aware that virtual reality might trigger this. You will be able to take breaks between tasks, or leave the study at any time.
- Please be on time. Because of the possibility of technical difficulties occurring with the VR system, we cannot start running a participant late.
- As you will be asked to engage in repetitive movements with position trackers attached to your arm, please wear a t-shirt as your bottom layer, or something else that makes the area around your elbow easily accessible.
- The HMD should be able to be used with prescription glasses, though this is dependent on their size.
- The experiment will be held in Moreland 140 (see below for more details on this)
- This study will involve wearing a virtual reality head-mounted display (HMD; the Vive Pro), and a variety of positional trackers (Vive Trackers and professional Infrared LED trackers).
- This study involves a relatively high amount of upper-body movement, either in a virtual environment or a real one. You will additionally be asked to complete a post-experiment questionnaire.
- There will be a $15 Amazon gift card given as compensation. To receive the gift card, you must complete the study. You are, however, free to leave at any point.
- While the study may take a maximum of 1.5hrs, thus far it has averaged about 50 minutes.
Moreland 140, the CARVE lab, is in the basement floor of Moreland.
- Moreland’s basement is accessible from the front door by walking straight through and down the stairs. It may also be directly accessed through the south side entrance.
- To reach Moreland 140, take the hallway to the left of the stairs, or turn left after entering the south side entrance. It will be the third door on your left.